"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season, we shall reap if we do not lose heart." ~ Galatians 6:9
The Outreach Team at Family of Christ is staying active and keeping busy doing a variety of projects! Thank you for serving alongside our ministry and sharing God's love with our community.
Current Outreach Projects
SALT - Every Thursday morning at 9:00 am in the Kitchen
Our SALT (Serving And Loving Teachers) outreach group provides assistance to the Family of Christ Child Development Center. We are looking for volunteers to help the CDC teachers with weekly classroom prep projects. Contact Julie Curtiss to help - .
Gifts from the Heart
This wonderful ministry makes FOC Baptismal afghans, baby afghans, bags for the homeless, and more. Contact Linda Thede to get involved.
October 9 & 16 - Socktober is Back!
October is “Socktober” and our Outreach Team will be collecting donations of socks on Sundays, October 9 and 16! Children’s socks will go to Cases of Love AND adult men's and women's socks will be given to the Pueblo VA and local homeless shelters. Donations can be brought to the Community Cafe on Sundays or to the Church Office during the week.Thank you for helping us provide warmth for those in need during this fall season!
October 22 - Fall Festival / 3-5 pm
FOC is hosting our fantastic FALL FESTIVAL on Saturday, October 22 from 3 – 5 pm. Be sure to save the date! We’ll have a Trunk or Treat, hay rides, games, bounce houses, a maze, AND tons of candy! This event will be festive fall fun for the whole family! We are be collecting candy donations for the Trunk or Treat. We need the help of many awesome volunteers to make this event great! To sign up to volunteer, click HERE.
1) We need trunks for trunk or treat!
2) We need someone to help park the trunks.
3) Also, this year we will be stopping the public, giving them a card with an explanation of where everything is located and getting a count of those who participate. Can you help? Contact Julie Curtiss at
October 27 Stitched With Love Luncheon / Noon-2:00 pm
All who enjoys sewing, knitting and crocheting and making items to give away in support of our many ministries.This event will be held at Linda Thede's home. Reach out to Linda Thede at if you would like to join or have questions.
Thank You for Putting Your Faith in Action!
- Everyone who donated items to the Snack Pack Drive. We delivered 270 pounds of snacks to Tri-Lakes Cares. They were so grateful!
- John & Julie Curtiss, who packed nearly 400 Snack Packs for TLC!
That same night, Julie was asked to speak at the TLC board meeting. She told them how much we appreciate all they do for the committee and how grateful we are to partner with them in their mission. They were equally as grateful to FOC for our continued support.
- Dawn Bath, Wanda Moore, Harry Moore, and Julie Curtiss for helping SALT assist the CDC teachers. We have been doing a ton of cutting and pasting to make sentences. And cutting out letters.
- Stitched With Love for making AMAZING items for our many ministries we support, including our newest one, Reclaiming Hope.